At Connect, we’re moving forward with our events this year. We know Connect has an obligation to lead the way for our industry to get back to business. Someone has to step out in front and show everyone how we can get our events back online. So we’ve put together our plan to showcase the most cutting-edge safety measures available right now and implement them at our show. Take a moment to read our new Safe + Clean Connect plan. We want to be a part of relaunching the meetings industry. Come join us in the reopening of meetings in America!
Connect is committed to implementing conscious and intentional processes to not only combat this virus, but promote healthy best practices that you can adopt at your own events and will become a consistent priority for all of our events during high- and low-risk time periods alike. Connect firmly believes that we have to be the leaders in showcasing safe conferences while still allowing all attendees to have fun and book business.
1. Covid-19 tests will be conducted before entering the event.
Rapid results testing will be administered by medical professionals on site. As more health measures become available, we will research their implementation. Anyone with a positive test will not be allowed into the show.
2. Cotton masks will be required for attendees and staff at a minimum. KN95 masks will be provided for any attendee or staff who wants one.
We will provide up to 3 cotton masks per attendee in a variety of colors. (Maybe one that can match your outfit!) KN95 masks are almost identical in performance to the N95 mask used by hospital employees, but are not in short supply for healthcare workers. The C.D.C. lists KN95 masks as a suitable alternative when N95s are not available.
3. No onsite registration lines.
We will cut down contact while still coming together. We will ship you a welcome kit with your badge, an KN95 mask, gloves, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, agenda, magazine and other conference materials. You can even upload a picture to your badge so other attendees can see your smiling face.
4. Glove and hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event. We are ordering enough nitrile disposable gloves for each attendee to wear 3x a day. Touchless hand sanitizer stations will be plentiful throughout the trade show floor and in common areas.
5. Disinfectant foggers will be placed in the indoor convention space.
We will have professional disinfectant electrostatic sprayers that will continuously disinfect the air and neutralize germs.
6. New appointment design allows for social distancing measures and plexiglass shields will be placed on appointment tables.
Sanitizer will also be on every appointment table and they will be wiped down between appointments.
7. Indoor/outdoor spaces will be used as much as possible.
For as many receptions, education sessions and other breakouts during the programming, we will find creative ways to use indoor/outdoor spaces.
8. Larger aisle ways with dedicated travel lanes in the trade show and appointment areas help manage traffic.
This will keep attendees from bumping into each other or crowding in certain areas on the trade show floor.
9. Education sessions will be set up to allow for 6’ space between chairs.
The trade show floor and other spaces will also have 6’ space markers for attendees to follow so they know an acceptable amount of space to leave in between each other.
10. F&B will be provided in a no-contact way (i.e. pre-packaged food, pre-packaged silverware, no self-serve buffets).
Extra funds will be spent on service staff who will be serving coffee and refreshments for each attendee while wearing gloves, masks and protective gear. Grab and go pre-made alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and other items will be ready and sanitized at receptions for the utmost safety.
11. There will be no large general sessions this year at Connect. Instead, the money we’d normally put toward an A-list celebrity keynote will now be spent on showcasing and implementing the most cutting-edge safety precautions into the programming that attendees can use as inspiration for their own events.
12. Temperature checks will be conducted before entering the event.
As more health measures become available, we will research their implementation. Anyone with an elevated temperature or fever will not be allowed into the show.
Please see visual representations below of our plan, or download it here.