Hosted Buyer Experience
Connect is renowned throughout the events industry for its reverse-style trade shows that place the emphasis on the planner. Our Hosted Buyer Experience team thoroughly vets meeting planners in all market sectors (Association, Corporate, Faith, Sports, Citywides, etc.) to participate in events held throughout the year and across the country. Connect covers travel, lodging and registration costs to hosted buyers, provided they attend all of their pre-scheduled appointments. You are the guests of honors—the individuals who sales representatives from hotels, convention centers, meeting facilities and other service providers are eager to meet.
How it Works
Each Connect event has unique criteria that must be met in order to qualify as a Hosted Buyer. In general, you must be organizing a meeting or event with the ability to move locations and have at least 50 room nights.
Connect collects your information and preferences to select only suppliers with the ability to meet your event’s demands. As a reverse-style trade show, planners remain seated at a booth and suppliers come to meet with them.
EVENTS WE ARE ACTIVELY RECRUITING FOR
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I qualify as a hosted buyer?
- Each Connect event has unique criteria that must be met in order to qualify as a Hosted Buyer. Most events require the ability to rotate nationally and have at least 50 room nights on peak Click here.
What is expected from me as a hosted buyer?
- Once approved as a hosted buyer, approximately two weeks prior to the event, you’ll be asked to enter the event portal and make appointment requests with your choice of CVBs, hotels, resorts and service providers. Shortly after that, we’ll finalize your appointment schedule and you’ll be provided with a schedule of pre-set appointments. Please come to the event with business in hand, keep your appointments with Suppliers, and stay for the complete show schedule.
How much does it cost?
- When you apply for a Connect event, you’ll be asked to place a registration deposit (typically between $99 – $200, depending on the show that you registered for). If approved, we’ll provide your flight, hotel accommodations, and your registration fee is covered as well. Upon the successful completion of your pre-scheduled 1-on-1 appointments, your registration fee will be returned to you.
How do I apply?
- Please review the hosted buyer criteria of the Connect event that you are interested in attending prior to completing your application. Click the registration link and make sure that you select “hosted buyer” on your application.
I've applied - what happens now?
- The Connect Hosted Buyer Experience Team will review your application and pay particular attention to your ability to meet the required criteria for the event which you have applied to attend. Planners that have business that is actively being sourced take priority. Please allow us 3 business days to review your application. Some intermediaries / Third Parties may be asked to ask a Supplier with whom they have recently worked with to complete a Connect Trusted Planner Verification Form prior to their application being approved.
Can I invite my fellow meeting planners to attend?
- Yes! Connect is better with friends! We have special promotions and incentives for referrals. Please contact our referral specialist, Jessica Warren, at [email protected] for more information.