Anyone who knows Jamie Adams, associate director of championship events at NAIA, will say she deserves a trophy for the time she puts into managing multiple championships. But there’s plenty you don’t know about her.
1. My favorite sports movie is “The Replacements.”
2. I never leave the house without a Coke.
3. If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be pizza.
4. Growing up, I was sure I would be an architect.
5. I know every word to the song “American Pie” by Don McLean.
6. If I could only watch one sport every day, it would be baseball.
7. My nickname in high school was S’quatch.
8. Next time the Olympicsare in the U.S., they should be held in L.A.
9. At a sports tourism conference, you can typically find me at my booth (I’m here to do a job).
10. The best part about working for NAIA is being part of the greatest moment of someone’s sports life.
11. The hardest part about running a college national championship is keeping track of everything.
12. I believe the single most important quality in a leader is willingness to roll up your sleeves and get work done.
13. The sports leader I admire most is John Wooden.
14. My go-to in-flight beverage of choice is nothing; I’m asleep before they serve drinks.
15. The destination at the top of my travel bucket list is Greece.
16. I’m sure I could coach the Patriots classier than than Bill Belichick.
17. The last book I read was “The Boys in the Boat.”
18. I think the most important part of college athletics is using sports to get your degree.
19. My least favorite part about social media is negativity.
20. In 10 years, I’m betting the sports tourism industry will be booming!
21. My first job was filling vending machines with school supplies.
22. The last piece of sports paraphernalia I bought was a signed Graham Zusi picture.
23. The athlete I’d most like to spend a day with is Kerri Walsh Jennings.
24. The most underrated sport these days is volleyball.
25. My dream sports event to attend is the Olympics.